Kattappava Kanom Tamil Movie Review
Kattappava Kanom is a Tamil comedy film written and directed by Mani Seiyon, starring Sibiraj and Aishwarya Rajesh in the leading roles.
The story opens with a dreary portrayal of how Pandian (Sibi Sathyaraj) is viewed as unfortunate by his folks and surrounding him because of his different disappointments in business.
In the meantime Kattappa (an Arowana Fish) is presented who is loved as a lucky charm by Vanjaram (Mime Gopi) a perilous man (you are told not appeared). The hero in the mean time gets together with the open minded heroine Meena (Aishwarya Rajesh) in a bar where both down beverages and in the aftereffect that causes a jumble (to the group of onlookers) the two wind up wedded.
The couple rent an apartment and their neighbor happens to be a young lady Kayal (Baby Monica) who pines for a (you got it) a fortunate fish that could allow her everything her puerile wishes.
Enter Nandu (Yogi Babu) a painter who grabs Kattappa and the fish because of a couple turns gets into the place of our legend and champion. Presently doesn’t that sound like a fantasy commence the unfortunate saint meets the fortunate fish meets the young lady. The director however takes an alternate course and presents a crisp arrangement of lowlifess with helpful composition as opposed to natural and dishes out a far less fulfilling scan for which we don’t know whom to look after.
- Sibi Sathyaraj is doing a commendable job in recent times by placing the script above himself and here too he is apt as the more realistic.
- Aishwarya Rajesh has also done justice to her role.
- After a rather taxing twenty minutes it Yogi Babu who fires up the first laugh as Nandu to bungling thief and his brief screen time leaves us wanting more.
- Daddy Saravanan as Sankara the detective and Mime Gopi as the main villain Vanjaram have also put up their hands in creating more hilarity.
- Chandini Tamilirasan pops in and out for no reason but provides the oomph factor and look out for her cricket watching scene with Venkat and co.
- The director was not able to bring up the cuteness in the little girl.
Rating: 3 / 5